I should be doing a hundred million things. Instead, I’m taking a ten minute brain break to blog. Alliteration for the win.
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by former blogger, Ashley.
1. What TV commercial do you think is the most annoying?
ALL OF THEM. Okay, that’s extreme. But I will say cleaning, cooking and household product commercials really irritate me. They’re so stereotypical and sexist in their portrayal of women’s roles it makes me sick. There is this toilet paper ad that says ‘Women LOVE to touch’, and then shows all these close ups of a woman’s hands touching an elderly person, her kids, sweaters in a clothing store, rubbing the back of her husband’s neck. The stereotypical portrayal makes me rage like you wouldn’t believe. Or, maybe you would, seeing how passionate I am about that ad.
2. What is the weirdest gift you have ever received?
An opened box of cereal from a guy on the street. Oh, he also would draw us pictures.
3. What is a song you thought you knew the words and then later found out you were wrong?
Hmmmm, I don’t know if there are any. I’ve trained myself to learn and memorize songs fairly quickly, cuz of my music background.
4. What are you most looking forward to this month?
Well… My birthday’s in a few days. So I’m looking forward to going to my favourite pub and seeing friends and family and trying hard not to think about the stress that is everything else in my life right now. My grandmother’s 80th birthday is also this month. That’s kinda a big deal, I reckon. There is a long weekend later this month and that also marks the start of my office’s summer hours. Thank god. I also get to go back to placement, but it’s also bittersweet, as I’ll be finishing placement this month, too. Busy May ahead.
5. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Explain.
My coffee maker. It makes my life blood. Need I explain further?
6. If you could have a gift card to anywhere right now, where would you choose? Why?
A giftcard for how much? Does Air Canada do giftcards? That or Indigo (book store) or an electronics store…or Home Depot.
7. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
This is my favourite pizza: Pineapple, green olives, red onions and BBQ sauce. It sounds weird, but it’s amazing.
8. Name something you’re thankful for aside from obvious answers (i.e. family, job, faith, etc.).
Coffee, wine, my blackberry.
9. What was your least favorite rule growing up?
Wow, I can’t think of one. We didn’t really have a lot of rules out side of ‘be decent human beings’. My parents expected us to watch out for ourselves and each other, lend a hand, be respectful to others… So I don’t think this applies.
10. If you could train your pet to do one thing, what would it be? Example, “Weego” from the Bud Light commercial.
I dunno. My dog’s pretty smart. Haha. I would love to be able to teach her that other dogs are allowed to walk on our street without her barking at them. And I wish she’d learn what ‘Stop squeaking that infernal toy, I have a migraine’ means. She’s a fairly well-behaved dog.
…Oh, maybe I’d train her to stop eating my Blackberry. That would be good.